The mandate of the Mission Planning Committee is to provide oversight on our surgical missions.
This includes the following activities:
- Establish, maintain and ensure high standards on our surgical missions.
- Assess future missions – review pipeline of potential sites, review mission viability and provide recommendation of ‘go’ or ‘no go’ on each mission to the board.-
- Create and update policies and procedures – this include mission manuals, standardized forms, inventories, and reports.-
- Mission team selection – review pool of applicants, develop a pipeline of quality volunteers-
- Review key metrics on missions and implement improvements for future Missions.
- Provide update reports to the Board and Membership on a regular basis.
The Mission Planning Committee Members are: Doreen Lore, R.N. (Chair), Dr. Colin White (Plastic Surgeon), Dolly Khanna, R.N., Elaine Peters, R.N., Cheryl Baldwin, R.N., and Karen Takahashi.